Why Beard Oil?
Beards can often become dry and coarse, causing itching and irritation, often times leading to ingrown hairs and dry skin beneath the beard, becoming uncomfortable and you shaving it off.
Smell My Beard use the highest quality natural oils in our products to ensure that your beard is hydrated, conditioned, and promoting growth. Our oils also ensure the skin underneath your beard is moisturized to prevent dryness, acne, and ingrown hairs.
For fragrance we use only organic grade essential oils and a few particular products use a combination of essential and fragrance oils. We want your beard to blast a fragrance so enticing people will ask to smell your beard!
Our Base Oils:
Jojoba Oil: Condition, Protects, Promotes Hair Growth, Antiseptic
- Over 40% of our blend is pure Jojoba oil. This oil is not cheap, but it is the best in our opinion. It is not greasy and absorbs well. The effects of Jojoba oil run the full gamut of beneficial conditions for your beard!
- As we age, our bodies become less efficient at producing sebum (oil), leading to dry skin and wrinkles. Jojoba oil is a natural moisturizer, preventing dry skin and hair by working much like the sebum that your body produces. Jojoba oil helps maintain an oil balance on your skin by creating a layer of oil on top of the skin, effectively trapping water in your epidermis and preventing it from escaping. This makes it a great remedy for acne, psoriasis, sunburn, and even chapped skin.
- Jojoba oil is rich in iodine, a natural antiseptic, helping to fight bacteria and preventing breakouts.
- Jojoba oil also encourages hair growth and regrowth by replenishing moisture, preventing breakage, and improving texture.
- Like sweet almond oil, jojoba oil contains vitamin E and also a vitamin B complex, known to fight off free radicals and prevent cell damage, which research shows help protect against cancer.
Argan Oil: Promotes Hair Growth,
- Argan oil is rich in natural phenols that condition and keep follicles free of debris. This process not only benefits and promotes new hair growth, it also will help your hair grow thicker!
Sweet Almond Oil: Promotes Shine, Nourish, Condition
- We use this oil primarily for promoting shine and luster! However it has many other benefits
- Nut allergy..? Fear not! The Sweet almond oil we use is sterilized in the refining process and is approved as a cosmetic grade oil.
- Sweet almond oil is mild and hypoallergenic. In fact, it is so gentle, that it can be used even on a baby’s skin and is the preferred oil for infant massages. Holistic physicians often prescribe sweet almond oil to patients suffering from eczema, psoriasis, and even hair loss due to its richness in calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- Skincare products began adding Vitamin E for its antioxidant value in helping protect skin from UV damage. Sweet Almond oil is naturally packed full of Vitamin E, so by including it in its natural form as one of our base oils, your beard and skin reap the benefits.
- Sweet Almond oil easily penetrates skin deep into pores helping keep dirt and debris out of your follicles, thereby decreasing acne and blackheads.
Fractionated Coconut Oil: Nourish, Condition, Shine
- The biggest difference between virgin and fractionated coconut oil is that at room temperature virgin coconut oil is a solid, whereas fractionated coconut oil remains a liquid at all times. Because of the extra process that fractionated coconut oil goes through to break down the fatty acid chains so that it remains liquid, the cost of fractionated coconut oil is considerably higher.
- Fractionated coconut oil penetrates your skin cells easily due to the small size of the fatty acid chains, keeping your skin moisturized with a less greasy feel.